Customer Service Manager - Littleton, NH
Position: Customer Service Manager
Location: Littleton, New Hampshire
I. PURPOSE AND SCOPE
The Customer Service Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing the day-to-day operations of all strategic business units of Customer Service Operations and staff.
II. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all strategic business unit (SBU) customer service teams:
- Set performance expectations and holds subordinates accountable to those expectations through performance reviews, training, employee counseling and coaching actions.
- Support staff in dealing with difficult customer situations or order concerns as they arise.
- Actively participate in all personnel activities relating to the customer service department (example: hiring, coaching and counseling actions, performance reviews, terminations, etc.)
- Establish departmental procedures and provide training to customer service representatives.
- Provide support, leadership and motivation to the activities of the customer service representatives.
- Create and evaluate SOPs on an ongoing basis to modify and develop new ones as the business growth requires.
- Coordinates the work of the CS Dept with sales and marketing to accomplish goals and develop programs and tools for customers.
- Process and maintain all customer orders with a focus on accuracy and timely shipping that is consistent with customer contracts.
- Actively participate in sales meetings either directly or through a designee.
- Oversee the processing of customer returns and reverse sales and other appropriate customer credits.
- Provide sample support to sales and marketing.
- Work with the sales department to identify ways for the CS department to support sales goals.
- Coordinate training for CS team regarding all new products and policies.
- Develop and maintain product knowledge, competitive product knowledge and knowledge of business competitors.
- Establish and monitor matrices for assessing CS and order fulfillment deliverables.
- Prepare and distribute departmental reports as needed.
- Provides input and assists in the design and use of marketing materials and support tools for the sales department.
- Works with sales department to identify sales opportunities, particularly opportunities for up selling.
- Work with Sales, Customer Service, and Production to ensure orders meet forecast.
- Manage orders and generate monthly reports based on inventory, shipping, order entry, customer data and other customer service information.
- Develop a detailed knowledge of the EDI process and provide EDI support as needed.
- Coordinate special projects, special make-ups, rush orders, etc.
- Drive CRM usage throughout divisions and help sales adoption/usage of CRM techniques and processes.
- Field customer complaints and document appropriately to ensure GMP compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 or more years of Customer Service or Sales support and managerial experience.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting procedures.
- Excellent writing, communications, customer service, and phone skills.
- Strong computer aptitude and proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Detail oriented with advanced analytical skills.
- Pleasant and professional personality and demeanor, with a team-oriented attitude.
- Ability or lead, supervise and motivate staff.
- Light travel for attendance at trade shows, remote office visits, and customer sales calls as needed.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work in an autonomous environment with minimal direction or supervision.
Download a job application here.